Sorry, this product has been discontinued.
- What's in the Box
Planet Audio PAB80 8" 250W Amplified Subwoofer System with R2AK8 Amp Kit Combo
Planet Audio PAB80 8-Inch Car Audio Subwoofer and Amplifier Package – Powered by a Built-in Amplifier, Passive Radiator, Remote Subwoofer Control, For Truck, Boxes, and Enclosures Car Subwoofer and Amp Package – 400W High Output, Built-in Amplifier, 8 Inch Subwoofer With Passive Radiator, Remote Subwoofer Control. R2AK8 Amp Kit included.
- 2 Passive Radiator
- Low Pass Filter, Subsonic Filter and Bass Boost
- Remote Level Control
- Thermal, Overload, and Short Protection Circuits
- RCA & Speaker Level Inputs, Switchable Phase Control
- Frequency Response 20Hz- 150kHz
- 0 to +12dB VARIABLE BASS BOOST
- LOW PASS FILTER (50-150Hz)
- SOFT-DELAY REMOTE TURN-ON
- THERMAL, SHORT AND OVERLOAD PROTECTION CIRCUITS
- GREEN AND RED LED POWER STATUS INDICATOR
- PHASE SELECTOR SWITCH: 0 OR 180°
- LED Logo
High and Low-Level Inputs
An amplifier with both high-level and low-level inputs provides flexibility by allowing you to build an audio system using virtually any standard factory or aftermarket source unit. High-level (speaker level) inputs accept the signal from the speakers, while low-level (RCA) inputs accept the signal from the pre-amp outputs of the source unit.
The phase control feature allows you to adjust the speakers phase to ensure all audio signals are playing together rather than against each other. When bass notes are noticeably absent, a quick and easy adjustment to the phase control could provide the perfect remedy.
If the amplifier gets too hot, the thermal protection circuit turns the amp off and allows the amp to cool down before turning it back on. If a speaker fails causing an electrical short, the protection circuit will automatically cut the output and remain in that state until the short is resolved. These safety features give you peace of mind knowing the amplifier is constantly monitoring conditions to protect itself.
Single Voice Coil
A subwoofer with a single voice coil can be powered by an appropriately matched amplifier or can be combined with multiple single voice coil subwoofers to achieve a variety of impedances to match your amp set up. Single voice coil subwoofers are generally ideal for low to medium-power applications.
Subwoofer Level Control
The ability to boost or attenuate the sub level when an amp and subwoofer are connected to the subwoofer pre-amp output.
Variable Bass Boost
Variable Bass Boost allows you to adjust the low bass within the boost range to just the way you like it.
Variable Low Pass Filter
Variable low-pass filter gives you control over the frequencies that pass through to the subwoofer.
- Subwoofer Size: 8"
- Peak Power Handling: 250 Watts
- RMS Power Handling: 125 Watts
- Voice Coil Configuration: SINGLE
- Impedance: 4 Ω
- Sensitivity (1w/1m): 90 dB
- Subwoofer Level Control: ✔
AMP Kit includes:
(1) One 17ft Twist RCA Cable
(1) One 17ft 8 AWG CCA Power Cable
(1) One 3ft 8 AWG CCA Ground Cable
(1) One 17ft 18 AWG Turn-On Wire
(1) One 20ft Side-by-Side Speaker Wire
(1) One MANL Fuse Holder with 60 Amp Fuse
(2) Two Nickel Plated 8 AWG Seamed Ring Terminals
(5) Five Nickel Plated 16-14 Gauge Spade Terminals